It’s been a little over three months since I did my 101 in 1001 list. Even though the holiday season can be a busy one I am pretty happy with the amount of items I was able to check off my list.
1. Volunteer 3 times a year – Check!
I love volunteering over the holidays, nothing makes me happier. This year I was able to volunteer for several activities including, Operation Christmas Child, North Como Presbyterian Church reception and my favorite the Salvation Army Toy Shop. (pictured below)
2. Attend the winter carnival in downtown St. Paul. I have lived in the St.Paul area almost my entire life and have yet to go to the winter carnival. This year I wasn’t taking no for an answer…. no matter how cold it was. Which… it was cold….really cold.
3. Dress up for Halloween – Check! Although it wasn’t the most creative costume ever had and honestly a crazy cat lady isn’t too far off. I’ll do better next year.
4. Take a daily vitamin – This was one of the most important ones to check off the list. I know I am lacking in some essential vitamins because of my personal food tastes. So I wanted to make sure that I was getting the essential vitamins I need. It’s funny how a very simple tasks can really make a big difference.
5. Get a new hairdo – I have always been one to constantly reinvent myself. My husband has had the same hair cut pretty much his entire life. Just another example of how polar opposite we are. I grew my hair out for the wedding so I had been itching to cut it off for awhile and have a fresh new look. Check!
6. Learn to read a crochet pattern, 7. Sew something- This year I had the wonderful pleasure of welcoming many little friends into my life. To welcome them into the world I made them each crochet baby booties and baby cardigan Onsies. Which also helped me check several things off my list… check and check.
8. Create a strategy for my blog – I really do like to blog and I’m very passionate about weddings and events. After my own wedding last year I didn’t have a lot of time to continue working on it. This year I have started with a blog strategy calendar and it is going great. I love being able to plan ahead to provide detailed and interesting blog posts. Check it out here at MissMyrvold.com.
9. Start up my color inspiration posts – One of the best parts of a wedding is the colors so I love researching and finding fun color combos. I have not only started back up on my posts but dedicated a section just for color combos. Check it out… I know you will like it. MissMyrvold.com
10. Have a happy hour or brunch once a month with old friends – Since I started my new job it has been one of my goals is to stay in touch with my old coworkers and its so nice to catch up and see how everyone is doing. I am proud to say that this goal has been pretty successful. Even through the busy holidays I have managed to stay in touch.
11. Finish wedding book – This one took forever but is something I will treasure always. I was even able to give a copy to my parents which they loved. Check!
12. Start a new “family” tradition – If you have read my Christmas traditions post you would know that I love traditions and my husband and I have already started a few great Christmas traditions of our own. As winter continues to drag on I thought it might be fun to create a new winter tradition. Ice skating at the depot in downtown Minneapolis. It has always been one of those things I have been meaning to do my whole life and now that we have gone, it will be our new winter tradition.
12 things checked off my list in 100 days. That’s not too bad! Now I just have to not loose momentum.